• Avoid exposure to chemicals found both inside and outside the home.
• Use healthy, chemical-free unscented soaps, lotions/oils and detergents. References can be found on the Environmental Working Group’s “Skin Deep” Database -www.ewg.org.
• Manage weight and avoid abdominal obesity. Participate in a regular, balanced exercise program that includes wearing a pedometer or FitBit tracker to encourage more movement, and calculate steps taken and distance walked. High intensity short bursts (20-60 seconds) of activity during the day is recommended to enhance growth hormone release. Also engage in resistance training that works all major muscle groups (work each group at least 2 times a week).
• Avoid medications such as corticosteroids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), if possible.
• Avoid use of all recreational drugs.
• Consider monitoring and assessing insulin levels, abnormal blood glucose, LFTs (liver function tests), GGT (glutathione), estrogen metabolite ratio testing, and genetic variances in detoxification pathways, such as CYPA12, COMT, and methylation pathways. Follow up on viral tests and consider immune markers such as complement and interleukins.
• Reduce stress and avoid extra obligations.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Eliminate alcohol.
• Avoid meat and chicken with added hormones and antibiotics that disrupt estrogen metabolism. Choose organic, antibiotic and hormone-free whenever possible.
• Diet should focus on high amounts of fiber from complex, unrefined carbohydrates such as whole grains,organic vegetables and fruits: also incorporate PaleoFiber® for binding excess estrogens.
• Emphasize omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, mackerel, trout, herring, sardines) and omega-9 fats (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, avocados, macadamia oil and coconut oil).
• Choose lean, clean quality protein at each meal such as chicken breast, turkey breast, lean beef, fish (especially salmon and sardines), eggs and whey protein.
• Limit or avoid trans fatty acids (hydrogenated vegetable oil, margarine and shortening). Cook with olive oil at a low heat.
• Avoid pesticides and herbicides by buying organic produce.
• Drink 8 glasses of purified water daily to help remove toxins and stay hydrated.
• Avoid excess sugars and balance blood sugar by eating healthy fats (nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut) and optimal proteins as needed throughout the day. Consume PaleoBars™ and Cocommune™ bars as needed.
Immunitone Plus™ 1 with breakfast, lunch and dinner, 3 per day
Amino-D-Tox™ 1 with breakfast, lunch and dinner, 3 per day
C+BioFizz™ 1 tsp with each meal (totaling 1 tablespoon per day)
Hepatatone Plus™ 2 capsules 3 times per day
Lipoic Acid Supreme 1 with breakfast and lunch, 3 per day
Optional, if additional support needed:
Vitamin D Supreme 1 capsule per day
Metal-X-Synergy™ 6-12 capsules per day with food
Ultimate Antiox Full Spectrum 2 capsules twice per day
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in Hepatitis C. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.