• Decrease stress and avoid extra obligations; learn relaxation techniques.
• Avoid use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen. If they must be used, take with food.
• Wash hands with soap and water regularly before meals and during airline travel.
• Quit smoking.
• Avoid alcoholic beverages.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• For easier digestion eat smaller more frequent meals (5-6 smaller meals rather than 3 large meals); do not skip meals and strive to maintain regular eating times.
• Avoid fried and fatty foods, sugar, coffee, alcohol, sodas, chocolate and hot & spicy foods, such as peppers, chili powders, hot sauces, curry, etc.
• Consider increasing consumption of organic vegetables and fruits, such as those high in carotenes and green vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables that supply beneficial isothiocyanates (or their precursor glucosinolates) and the stimulation of the bitter receptors to modulate healthy gut bacteria.
• Avoid foods like tomatoes, lemons, limes, pineapple and grapefruit, which can irritate the stomach lining.
• Increase flavonoid-rich foods like apples, celery, onion and garlic, which may be antagonistic to H. Pylori.
• Emphasize omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, mackerel, trout, herring, sardines) and omega-9 fats (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, avocados, macadamia oil and coconut oil) to help control inflammation.
• Choose lean, clean quality protein at each meal such as chicken breast, turkey breast, lean beef, fish (especially salmon and sardines), eggs and whey protein to fuel muscles with energy; include Whey Cool™, PaleoMeal® or PaleoMeal® DF to address protein needs; avoid dairy if it causes flare-ups.
• Use herbs and non-irritating spices high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, rosemary, ginger and basil.
• Cook foods thoroughly to avoid risk of infection.
• Stay well hydrated.
• If needed, consume 2-3 oz. of fresh organic aloe juice on an empty stomach, 2-3 times per day.
GastroMend-HP™ 2 capsules twice per day on an empty stomach
Tegricel® Colostrum 1 capsule twice per day
L-Glutamine powder 1-2 tsps
DGL Synergy™ 2 chewable tablets 2-3 times per day on an empty stomach
If extra support is required:
Melatonin 3 mg 1-2 capsules at bedtime for acid reduction
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in gastritis development. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.