• Reduce stress, anxiety, and associated negative emotions; rely on a support system to keep a more positive outlook on life.
• Eliminate toxins, not only from foods, but from personal care products, household cleaners and paints and aerosols – see http://www.ewg.org/ for a guide to making more informed decisions about safety from harmful chemicals.
• Detox halogens such as fluoride, bromide and chloride.
• Consider detox measures such as far infrared sauna, massage therapy, hydrotherapy, bentonite clay, exercise, and the PaleoCleanse Plus™ Detoxification program.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Determine the best diet for yourself – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo Template, low FODMAPs, Autoimmune Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet, GAPS Diet, Feingold Diet, the Body Ecology Diet, the Elemental Diet, Iodine-free, a Vegan or semi-Vegan Diet, etc. Have patient keep a detailed food journal that documents all dietary reactions.
• Identify specific dietary triggers such as nuts, nightshade foods, beans, legumes, or MSG.
• Avoid sugar, including agave nectar and honey; avoid sugar alcohols (mannitol, xylitol, sorbitol) if intestinal discomfort is present.
• Avoid alcohol.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Include healing foods like bone broths, gelatin, saturated fats, turmeric tea, vegetable juices, smoothies and fermented foods to heal the gut lining, reduce inflammation and replenish nutrient deficiencies.
• Add fermented vegetables to eating plan.
• Avoid grains and remove any foods that are difficult to digest.
• Avoid high mercury fish, especially swordfish, orange roughy, shark, tile fish, king mackerel, marlin and certain tunas.
• Eat ample amounts of organic vegetables and low glycemic fruits, taking care to avoid foods with high pesticide residue.
• Keep blood sugar balanced by eating small meals frequently throughout the day and incorporating high quality protein at each meal – use digestive enzymes, such as Digestzymes™, Betaine HCl, or Plant Enzyme Digestive Formula if necessary.
• Eat foods that are rich in selenium such as Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds.
ImmunoMod-A™ 2 capsules 2 times per day
Thyroid Synergy™ 2 capsules per day
Vitamin D Supreme 1-2 capsules per day according to testing
OmegAvail™ Ultra 2 softgels per day
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in Hashimotos Thyroiditis development. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.