• Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and use of aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) unless absolutely necessary to ease GI irritation.
• Do not lie down within 3 hours of eating; maintain an upright and relaxed position until all food is digested. Avoid drinking excess fluids with meals.
• Manage weight; avoid abdominal fat
• Manage stress and emotions with calming stress reduction techniques, relaxation, and emotional support
• Consider talking to your health care practitioner regarding to assess and optimize insulin levels, abnormal blood glucose, LFTs (liver function tests), GGT (glutathione), and genetic variances in detoxification pathways, and methylation pathways, and food sensitivities. Consider a comprehensive digestive analysis to rule out dysbiosis or fungal overgrowth.
• Get movement daily to stimulate optimal digestion and elimination.
• Stay well-hydrated
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Limit sugar and avoid white flour products, soy and fried foods; avoid allergenic foods like wheat and dairy products that can increase mucus production; low carbohydrate diets may assist with improvement of symptoms
• Eat smaller meals more frequently
• Do not multi-task while eating; make sure dining environment is peaceful and uncluttered
• Avoid common allergic producing foods such as wheat, dairy, corn and soy.
• Experiment with your diet to find what possibly may trigger symptoms; high fat foods, spicy foods, mint, chocolate, coffee, black tea and acidic drinks can all contribute to symptoms.
• Do not rush your meals. Thoroughly chew your food and take time to enjoy each bite
• Consider increasing consumption of organic green vegetables and fresh fruits especially cruciferous vegetables that supply beneficial isothiocyanates (or their precursor glucosinolates) and the stimulation of the bitter receptors to modulate healthy gut bacteria
GastroMend-HP™ 2 capsules twice daily on an empty stomach
DGL Synergy™ Chew 2 tablets between or 20 mins before meals
Aloe/200x™ 1 capsule twice daily on an empty stomach
Probiotic Supreme DF™ 1 capsule daily with a meal
Plant Enzyme Digestive Formula 1 capsule with each meal
Optional additional therapy in H. pylori cases
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in GERD development. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.