• Have routine dental exams (twice per year).
• Brush teeth after each meal; brush the tongue as well. Floss daily.
• Use PerioBiotic™ toothpaste.
• Replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol; add to toothbrush occasionally to prevent dental caries.
• Avoid commercial mouthwashes that contain sodium chlorite and prevent proper microbiome health and balance nitrite production in the mouth; consider instead using essential oils or natural mouthwash.
• Quit smoking.
• Optimize digestion and assess for H. pylori or other stealth infections, including candida, stomach pH, blood sugar and insulin, structural tone of gastric sphincters, food sensitivities, pernicious anemia, autoimmune diseases, GGT, bilirubin, gallbladder health, and a comprehensive digestive panel including enzymatic function, and other stool markers for microbial composition, fat absorption, colonic health, and inflammatory markers.
• Consider a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Limit sugar and avoid white flour products, soy and fried foods; avoid allergenic foods like wheat and dairy products that can increase mucus production; low carbohydrate diets may assist with improvement of symptoms.
• Avoid sodas and fruit juices.
• Do not rush meals. Thoroughly chew food and take time to enjoy each bite.
• Eat an abundance of fresh herbs like fennel and parsley.
• Consider increasing consumption of organic fresh fruits and green vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables that supply beneficial isothiocyanates (or their precursor glucosinolates) and the stimulation of the bitter receptors to modulate healthy gut bacteria.
Probiommune™ 1 lozenge three times per day
Probiotic Synergy™ 1 sphere per day with a meal
PaleoGreens™ 1 Tbsp in 8 oz water
Plant Enzyme Digestive Formula 1 capsule with each meal
PerioBiotic™ Toothpaste Use as toothpaste multiple times per day
Optional: L-Glutamine 3 capsules or 1 tsp powder in liquid per day
Oil of Oregano 1 softgel twice per day for one month
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in Halitosis development. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.