• Reduce lifestyle stressors and establish boundaries for emotional well-being.
• Seek professional help from qualified professionals trained to treat depression disorders.
• Resist the urge/tendency to isolate; accept emotional support from true friends and counselors.
• Rule out vitamin D deficiency, heavy metal toxicity, overgrowth of candida albicans, hormone imbalance, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism and weak adrenal function.
• Strive for 30-60 minutes of exercise a day; consider high-intensity training or aerobic activity to enhance brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotransmitter function.
• Consider practicing mindfulness or yoga to effectively handle stress.
• Get help for substance addiction and smoking cessation.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Taper off and eliminate stimulants such as caffeine in energy drinks, coffee and chocolate.
• Work with nutritionist to determine food sensitivities such as gluten and dairy; consider an elimination diet.
• Replenish blood sugar by eating a healthy high protein breakfast, preferably by or before 10:00 am or within 2 hours of waking.
• Avoid foods that spike blood such as high-sugar snacks and beverages (includes sodas and fruit juices), refined carbohydrates, and high fructose corn syrup.
• Snack on healthy proteins and fats such as raw nuts, seeds, avocados, and coconuts flakes to balance blood sugar throughout the day; divide 3 meals into 5-6 smaller meals if digestion is sluggish or if fatigued.
Mood-Stasis™ 1 capsule per day
OmegAvail™ Hi-Po 2 softgels per day
Probiotic Supreme™ 1 caplet with breakfast
Customized options based on neurotransmitter results:
L-5MTHF 1 mg or 5 mg 1 capsule per day
5•HTP Supreme™ 1 capsule per day
DopaBoost™ 2 capsules per day
CraveArrest™ 2 capsules up to 3 times per day
NeuroMag™ 1 capsule 3 times per day
NeuroCalm™ 2 capsules per day
Lithium Synergy™ 1 capsule per day
Vitamin D Supreme 1 capsule or
OmegAvail™ Ultra with Vitamin D3, K1 and K2 1 softgel per day
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in depression. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.