• Reduce lifestyle stressors and avoid internalizing stress; incorporate balance and relaxation into life; include deep breathing exercises and biofeedback devices.
• Manage weight; avoid obesity.
• Stay well-hydrated with plenty of pure, filtered water especially to prevent constipation.
• Exercise regularly to build muscle tone; avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
• Avoid use of laxatives and enemas.
• Avoid tobacco in every form; avoid chronic caffeine consumption and smoking.
• Reduce or eliminate alcohol.
• Avoid the consistent use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
• Use safe, organic cosmetics and household cleaners to avoid exposure to excess chemicals, which can signal inflammation and oxidative stress.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Consume adequate dietary fiber on a daily basis (25-35 grams); slowly increase fiber over 2-4 weeks to reduce risk of gas, bloating and abdominal discomfort.
• Avoid heavy red meat consumption; consider supplementing with PaleoMeal®, if whey is tolerable, for optimizing protein balance, increasing glutathione (for protecting from oxidative stress) and supportive immunoglobulins (for immune and digestive health).
• Avoid dairy products. Goat’s milk and cheese from goat’s milk may be acceptable if no sensitivity to these foods exists. • Avoid all supplements that use black pepper extract, also called piperine or bioperine.
• Avoid sugar and sweetened products.
• Avoid carageenan containing products since this can irritate the GI tract.
• Avoid any foods and medications that cause constipation; consider juicing organic vegetables and fruits.
• Eat an anti-inflammatory diet that is rich in omega-3 fats; include olive oil, raw nuts and seeds, wild caught fatty, cold-water fish, grass-fed beef, nut butters, and omega-3 eggs.
• Consider supplementing diet with PaleoReds™ to provide the benefits of polyphenols and antioxidants without the excess sugar that can irritate the gut lining.
• Use herbs and spices high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, rosemary, ginger and basil
• Avoid any known food allergies and food sensitivities. Test with a food sensitivity profile.
GI-Revive™ Powder 1 tsp twice per day
Plant Enzyme Digestive Formula 2 caps three times per day on empty stomach
Probiotic Supreme DF™ 1 capsule twice per day
LV-GB Complex™ 3 capsules per day on an empty stomach
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in diverticulitis without active inflammation. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.