• Protect eyes, including wearing an eye patch, if necessary, over the eye following cataract surgery.
• Take physician-prescribed eye drops exactly as directed.
• Avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting for the first few weeks after surgery; avoid driving on the first day after surgery.
• Avoid swimming and using a hot tub in order to avoid contamination or risk of infection; apply Silvercillin™ to area as needed.
• Avoid exposure of eyes to irritants like grime, dust, and wind during the first weeks after surgery.
• Do not rub eyes.
• Wear 100 percent ultraviolet blocking sunglasses and a hat when outdoors in sunny weather.
• Termination of cigarette/cigar habit is critical to healing.
• Address lifestyle strategies, exercise and diet for correcting abnormal blood glucose, lipids, blood pressure, circulation, GGT (glutathione) and homocysteine levels. Also consider an oxidative stress panel and nutrient analysis.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Consume foods high in lutein and zeaxanthin such as spinach, kale, broccoli, turnip greens, and egg yolks.
• In order to receive a broad spectrum of antioxidants, eating 5-9 servings of a variety of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables is strongly advised. Consider adding one heaping teaspoon of PaleoGreens™ and PaleoReds™ to a favorite beverage.
• Emphasize omega 3-fatty acids (salmon, mackerel, herring, light tuna) and omega-9 fats (olive oil, olives, almonds, hazelnuts, avocados, macadamia oil and coconut oil).
• Choose lean, clean quality protein at each meal such as chicken breast, turkey breast, lean beef, fish (especially salmon and tuna), eggs and whey protein.
• Avoid fried foods, trans fats and smoked meats; cook with olive oil at low heat or coconut or avocado oil if using high heat.
• Aim to get more zinc and copper in your diet. Good food sources of zinc include beef, pork, lamb, fish, chicken (especially dark meat), peanuts, peanut butter and beans. Good sources of copper include crab, lobster, shrimp, oysters, beans, nuts, and white potatoes – make sure animal protein sources are antibiotic and hormone-free, and preferably organic.
• Drink at least 64 ounces of filtered or non-chlorinated water every day.
• Substitute complex carbohydrates, such as brown rice and quinoa, for refined and simple carbohydrates.
• Strive to keep blood sugar optimal and snack on healthy fats such as coconut, nuts, seeds, avocados, and PaleoBars™ as needed to avoid hypoglycemia.
Metabolic Synergy™ 3-6 capsules per day with meals
OcuForce™ 2-4 capsules per day with meals
Silvercillin Liquid™ Apply if needed for redness and swelling
Olive Leaf Extract 2 capsules twice per day
Inflammatone™ 2 capsules per day
For more intensive support:
Immunitone Plus™ 3 capsules per day or
ImmunoBerry™ liquid 1 ml (approx 35 drops) per day
Carnosine Supreme™ 1 capsule twice per day
N-Acetyl-Cysteine 1 capsule per day
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues that arise after cataract surgery. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.