• Reduce lifestyle stressors and avoid internalizing stress; incorporate balance and relaxation into life; include deep breathing exercises and biofeedback devices.
• Avoid constipation and maintain regular, healthy bowel function.
• Stay well-hydrated with plenty of pure, filtered water.
• Exercise regularly to build muscle tone; avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
• Avoid use of laxatives and enemas.
• Avoid tobacco in every form; avoid chronic caffeine consumption.
• Properly manage any infections.
• Use safe, organic cosmetics and household cleaners to avoid exposure to excess chemicals, which can signal inflammation and oxidative stress.
Dietary Tips and Caveats:
• Eat a low residue soft-food diet while symptomatic, including low-fiber and no seeds or nuts; avoid fibrous vegetables; drink pure, filtered water, and consider resting the bowels by consuming liquids, such as PaleoMeal® in almond or coconut milk to ensure adequate nutrition.
• Avoid all grains including wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, kamut, buckwheat, bulgur, amaranth, quinoa, teff (crackers, cookies, bread and pastries).
• Avoid dairy products. Goat’s milk and cheese from goat’s milk may be acceptable if no sensitivity to these foods exists. • Avoid all supplements that use black pepper extract, also called piperine or bioperine.
• Avoid sugar and sweetened products.
• Avoid carageenan-containing products since this can irritate the GI tract.
• Avoid any known food allergies and food sensitivities. Test with food sensitivity profile.
• Avoid any foods that cause diarrhea.
• Eat an anti-inflammatory diet that is rich in omega-3 fats; include olive oil, wild caught fatty, cold-water fish, grass-fed beef, nut butters, and omega-3 eggs.
• Use herbs and spices high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, rosemary, ginger and basil.
GI-Revive™ Powder 1 tsp twice per day
Inflammatone™ 2 capsules three times per day on empty stomach
Probiotic Supreme DF™ 1 capsule twice per day
LV-GB Complex™ 3 capsules per day on an empty stomach
Tegricel® Colostrum 1 capsule twice per day
Additional requirement if GI infection is present: (Confirm with stool analysis)
The above protocol is designed as a general approach for dealing with the most common issues involved in diverticulitis with active inflammation. If you do not see results after several weeks you should contact us for a personal evaluation. The above recommended supplements can be acquired by clicking here.