According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of three Americans has improper sleep due to fatigue.
Chronic fatigue and low energy are common issues that naturopathic doctors can aid in treating.
Quality of sleep is a major culprit behind low energy. Fatigue is when you are not able to keep up with your responsibilities and you constantly feel like you need a nap. There are many people who suffer from fatigue and feel sluggish and lethargic. A doctor can examine a patient to get an idea about their overall health, including reasons for fatigue.
How to Improve Low Energy Levels
Here are naturopathic ways to improve your energy:
- Optimize Diet. Opt for an anti-inflammatory diet that boosts energy and treats chronic health issues. Consume green leafy vegetables, along with veggies that improve your liver. Cut off carbs, excess meat, and refined sugar.
- Exercise. Walking, stretching, jumping rope, and dancing are simple exercises that you can do for at least 10 minutes twice per day. Eventually increase this to 30 minutes a day.
- Get Good Sleep. Develop a sleep routine of 7-8.5 hours per night in a completely dark room. This will help you balance the hormone system and heal. For better sleep, immerse yourself in activities that make you relaxed.
- Balance Stress. Reduce stress by walking barefoot on grass, as this will give you significant relief and improved energy. Spend time doing your favorite activity outside for at least 20 minutes.
- Identify Deficiencies. Lacking vitamin B, B12, iron, and vitamin D is linked with fatigue. Try to maintain them at proper levels.
- Maintain Hormone Balance:
- Thyroid. Suboptimal functioning of thyroid can lead to fatigue. It can also promote depression, difficulty thinking, weakness, cold hands/feet, weight gain, and infertility.
- Adrenals. These glands regulate stress levels and energy patterns. Improper functioning can lead to fatigue, menstrual irregularities, poor thyroid functioning, and difficulty sleeping.
- It is essential to have a full thyroid panel and salivary levels of lab testing done.
- Know Food Intolerances. Avoid food that stresses your body and causes inflammation, which can result in lethargy. Gluten and dairy are just two examples. We can provide you with a blood test that will identify food that has a negative impact on your body.
- Support Detoxification. Detoxification can reduce waste and toxins in the body that leads to poor functioning. Fatigue can be the result of too many toxins in your body. Symptoms related to impaired detoxification include skin rashes, hormone imbalances, headaches, and body pain. Remedies like green tea, magnesium, and biotherapeutic drainage are common methods to enhance detoxification and purify overall health.
Balance the Immune System and Cure Chronic Infections
Some causes of fatigue are auto-immune conditions, Lyme disease, overgrowth of bacteria or yeast in the gastrointestinal tract, and chronic viral infections. We can completely assess a patient and treat them with naturopathy to help them live a significantly better life.
If you are suffering from fatigue, you should visit your doctor and treat the condition. Fatigue or low energy is a nonspecific symptom that can be due to various medical conditions, such as anemia, depression, infections, hypothyroidism, and flu.
As many as 1 million people in the U.S. have chronic fatigue. Naturopathy has a solution.
What Are the Causes of Fatigue?
Fatigue and low energy levels can vary from simple to complex. To judge the severity of the problem, it is essential to understand the types of symptoms and how long they have been occurring.
Reasons that you may have low energy:
- Diabetes. It can cause tiredness.
- Hypothyroidism. Thyroid dysfunction, either slow or underactive, may lead to fatigue.
- Heart Disease. Chest pain, chest tightness, chest pressure, and shortness of breath are symptoms of heart disease that can promote tiredness.
- Sleep Apnea. This is a condition when the person periodically stops breathing during sleep. Lower oxygen levels are responsible for low energy.
- Anemia. Lack of red blood cells due to various reasons promotes fatigue.
- Depression. Anxiety and fatigue can be symptoms of depression.
Serious Causes of Fatigue
- Lack of Sleep. If you are not sleeping well, you may feel exhausted.
- Food. Junk food, sugar, and caffeine can contribute to fatigue.
- Environmental Pollutants. Heavy metals, man-made pollutants, and EMF exposure might add to one’s fatigue.
- Dental Issues. Root canals and other dental infections can cause fatigue.
- Stress. Increased stress does not let you sleep well, increasing your fatigue.
Natural Ways to Improve Low Energy
- Do Blood Tests. Blood tests can help you clarify any life-threatening issues, along with other problems.
- Get Quality Sleep. “Early to bed and early to rise.” Try jumping into the bed earlier to get quality sleep of at least 7-8 hours.
- Get Sunshine. Certain natural elements promote better health. Sunshine rejuvenates and heals the body by recharging the cells.
- Avoid Electronic Devices After Sunset. Avoid focusing on tablets and smartphones after sunset, as they can interfere with your sleeping habits.
- Eat the Right Food. Eat organic food that contains zero gluten, sugar, pesticides, artificial ingredients, and antibiotics. It will help you maintain an ideal weight and give quality fuel to your body.
- Avoid Environmental Pollutants at Home. Avoid air fresheners, carpet deodorants, and substances that harm your health. These products might lower your immune system, so choose an organic mattress and natural laundry and personal care products.
- Lower Stress. Try to find possible ways to deal with stress. Yoga and meditation have various physiological and health benefits.
- Get Adjusted. Visit a chiropractor who can help you with gentle spinal re-alignment that can get your energy back.
- Take Nutritional Supplements. Nutritional supplements can increase your immunity and decrease deficiency. They can also replace low energy with better and more positive energy.
If you constantly feeling fatigued, find a naturopath. Naturopathic doctors excel in treating the root causes of low energy problems.